The new year is almost here so I’m pausing to reflect and take a look back at the past year here at DB&DT and I’m amazed at just how much we accomplished!
The biggest project by far was the wall-to-wall desk in the office, which I enjoy using every day. Across from the desk we organized the shelves, updated the knobs and added a paper roll holder to the crafting table.
Updating the mantel and adding a gallery wall around the newly mounted TV in the family room have made the space feel more like home, while the raised dog bowls in the dining room are keeping things cleaner.
The bedrooms also saw some changes. In the master we built a footboard bench plus a second to replace the first when it was damaged and added something rustic and vintage. The guest room came together with a new closet organizer, swapping out the huge dresser for the newly refinished hope chest (which I just realized I haven’t shared yet!), a new focal point and some found and DIY’d décor. The ‘spare room’ began its transformation into a ‘foster room’ with the great decrapification, DIY trundle bed and vintage décor.
Here’s a few projects I’ve got planned for 2016:
- Art display boards, a desk, nightstand, display shelves and closet system to finish up the foster room.
- Better coat storage in the laundry room
- Adding faux shiplap and my salvaged windmill to the dining room
- Installing sliding barn doors to the office
- Updating the garden box and front flowerbeds
- Adding landscaping around the deck
- DIY collage for the hallway
But tonight I plan to relax at home with my fur babies and the hubs. I wish you a wonderful end to the year and a very bright 2016!