I’ve been meaning to do this project for some time now and finally checked it off the list this past weekend while the hubs was sleeping of a cold and I needed something quiet to work on. Our stacked measuring cups always seemed to be in the way in the cabinet, so I decided it was time they found a different home, one that didn’t cause extra effort when grabbing things in the cabinet. Since there was a little extra room on both sides of the spice rack the hubs installed on the pantry door and that’s often what we’re measuring with these cups I figured that was a logical spot for them. A few small hooks on either side of the spice rack was all I needed.
The hooks screwed right in, although I did create a pilot hole with a finishing nail and hammer to get things started. I placed each cup as I went so I could eyeball how much space to leave between it and the next.
Here’s how the first side looked a few minutes later. All but one of the set fit on this side.
So I put the remaining cup on the other side with our odd duck extra from an old set that is handy to keep around.
Unfortunately the way they were hanging you couldn’t see the measurements with out taking them off the hook. A metallic sharpie marker took care of that problem. We’ll see how well it holds up to the washer, but I’m thinking it should be ok since they will have plenty of time to cure and dry before they go in for a spin.
It might take a bit to get used to the sound they make as they sway against the wood when you open and close the pantry door, but I’m fine with that when it comes with improved organization. Simple, inexpensive and efficient. That’s my kind of project!